Community Baptist Church of Fargo | SermonAudio

www.cbcfargo.com
701-235-5483
Community Baptist Church of Fargo
3535 SW 25th Street
Fargo, North Dakota 58104
MyChurch: cbcfargo | Set
“Moral Purity Requires Honor II”
Jeff Ludwig from New York City
Doug VanderMeulen | Heidelberg Catechism

Sermon9/5/2022 10:05 AM
Jan Anderson from Texas  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jan Anderson
The Second Commandment
Doug VanderMeulen
Thank you so much for this timely sermon . I was studying this commandment after hearing about “The Chosen” media production . So many Christians are ok with it but I felt it was breaking the second commandment . I pray others will hear this great sermon and understand the biblical way to worship .

Sermon6/25/2022 11:31 PM
Jeffrey Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeffrey Ludwig
Sola Fide
Doug VanderMeulen
“ A Penetrating Sermon on Faith ”
Pastor Vandermeulen's sermon is a tour de force of theological reasoning, philosophical analysis, and homely examples. He discusses faith as making truth claims, discusses the reflections of Ursinus, and gives some cogent examples of faith from his earlier life experiences with Evangelism Explosion. He also reflects upon such everyday, homely examples as opening and eating the contents of canned goods as well as sitting on a chair depending on the objective ability of the chair to support us, not merely a "hope" that it will support us. He points out at one point that some Bible deniers at one point said there was no ancient place named Sodom, but later an archaeologist unearthed some ancient list that named Sodom and Gomorrah -- cities that existed in realtime until they were torched by Almighty God. The entire 48 minutes were really engrossing, and were well-timed because I am now reading "Searching Our Hearts In Difficult Times" by John Owen which stresses the importance of faith. For example, I just finished the section entitled "The Use and Advantage of Faith in a Time of Reproaches and Persecutions." So if you are interesting in better understanding faith and in building up your own, this sermon is a must listen.

Sermon5/29/2022 6:08 PM
Jeffrey Ludwig from New York  Find all comments by Jeffrey Ludwig
God The Holy Spirit
Doug VanderMeulen
“ An Intense Sermon About The Holy Spirit ”
This sermon uniquely considers the Holy Spirit as God. Ptr. Vandermeulen does not fall into the mistaken idea of the Holy Spirit as a mere "force" that sometimes comes into play in our lives or, on the other hand, identifying the Holy Spirit with various ecstasies and unusual phenomena as we sometimes find in charismatic or pentecostal churches. In his desire to reveal the power and richness of the Holy Spirit in the fullness of His Person and Essence, Ptr. Vandermeulen is preaching with an intensity that I have not heard in 15 years of listening to his sermons. His sermons are typically incisive, consistent, warm-hearted, and true to all known canons for Biblical exegesis. But, to repeat myself, this sermon is presented with an intensity that is remarkable which helps the hearers appreciate the significance of the topic, the life changing power of the Holy Spirit, correct knowledge of the Holy Spirit, and the application of that understanding to the world-life experience as a whole as well as application specifically to the born again body of Christ as a whole. He uses the terms "Common" and "Special" both as overarching categories and as subcategories to help us understand and to out-picture how the Holy Spirit operates in the world and in the body of Christ. Thank you.

Sermon5/7/2022 12:11 PM
Jeffrey Ludwig from New York  Find all comments by Jeffrey Ludwig
Fear God?
Doug VanderMeulen
“ Being In The Presence Of Christ On The Cross ”
I do not recall hearing another sermon that brought to life the events of Christ's crucifixion like this sermon. In the course of the sermon, Ptr. Vandermeulen recommended a book by A.W. Pink that exposits the seven last words of Christ on the cross. I found that interesting because Pink's book about Elijah inspired me greatly. In that book, the reader (myself) felt as though I were literally present and observing the various events that unfolded in Elijah's life. In this sermon, for the first time, I really felt the same way about being present at Christ's crucifixion. I was not merely present at a recounting or re-summarizing of the events, but as if I were actually there, and thus could identify wholly with the reaction of the centurion. At the end of the sermon, we are asked to reflect, if possible, outside our comfort zones about the last moments that we each can anticipate having. Will we be dissolved in fear or will we be filled with hope and gratitude for the infinite caring and sacrifices of our beloved prophet, priest, and king? Or will be hardened in indifference? The narrative in this sermon was gripping. The final question addressed to the humanity hearing this sermon (in person or online) is as urgent and profound as any that might be asked.

Sermon4/19/2022 3:58 PM
Stephen Anderson from Minneapolis  Contact via emailFind all comments by Stephen Anderson
comments
I will say, what if we do t believe those elders and leaders have been placed there by God, but have placed themselves? This is where we find ourselves in America. I’ve been praying about many things at my church over 30 plus years. I don’t see answers, in fact it would seem this is the only area of prayer not being answered over the years. It could me be?? It must be, because I don’t have a fancy position in the organization. What I have seen is at times, leaders just removed and replaced with little explanation. Great perspective! I hope God is moving somewhere!!!

Sermon8/4/2021 5:46 PM
Cecelia from AZ  Find all comments by Cecelia
comments
Such a motivating sermon to trust in the God who hears our earnest prayers.

Sermon5/2/2020 3:14 AM
Kamal from Tamil Nadu, India  Contact via emailFind all comments by Kamal
comments
Good sermon, gives good background to understand, thanks brother

Sermon2/26/2020 10:38 PM
B Graham from San Diego  Find all comments by B Graham
Groaning
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ Very good ”
Good sermon. It was interesting to hear what workers at suicide hotlines are trained to say to people who call in. In these times when we have an epidemic of what they call “deaths of despair”, we should have training like that in our churches.

Sermon2/22/2020 9:21 PM
Jeff Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Groaning
comments
I ran out of characters in my first comment, but wanted to add that the presentation is passionate, which added to the encouragement it provided.

Sermon2/22/2020 9:19 PM
Jeff Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Groaning
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ Very Encouraging Proclamation of the Word ”
I have had the privilege of posting many comments about Ptr.Doug’s sermons over the years. This sermon is a masterpiece of forceful encouragement. Next week I’m facing my third medical heart test. The first one, an echocardiogram, showed a small mass in my heart’s left ventricle. The second test was a cardiac MRI. This found everything to be normal. How to resolve the disconnect? I was sent to take a Transesophageal Echocardiogram (TEE). In this one, they put a camera down the patient’s esophagus and take close-up photos of the heart. The only problem was they couldn’t get the camera down my esophagus. So now I’m scheduled to go back and have the procedure under general anesthesia, not merely under sedation. Having these many tests on one of one’s vital organs is something I find VERY STRESSFUL. Doug’s sermon powerfully drove home the point that this does not mean the Lord is punishing me for sin(s). And whether the third test determines that I will or will not need surgery it is in His perfect will. All that happens to us is for the sake of glorification of His Name. The net result of our joys AND our groanings is that both give us hope of glory—a future with Christ where there will be a New Heaven and New Earth. I drew great solace from this sermon.

Sermon6/3/19 3:20 PM
Douglas Fir from Zones Four to Six  Find all comments by Douglas Fir
Biblical Womanhood
comments
Thanks, SermonAudio for having the SErmons by Topic choice to find good sermons like this one. But it is sad to note that it is 15 years old, and it is the most recent sermon on this topic, which should be at the top. Because Biblical womanhood is neglected in the US, we have so many problems in our society, and the key verse is Isaiah 3:12, where the curse is given, where children oppress and women rule. Nothing would better describe the US than this verse, much better than the verse commonly brought out for May's National Day of Prayer, "...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves..." Many problems with that verse, like 'my people' does not equal every resident in the US (illegal immigrants included), and 'humble themselves' the US is not a humble country! But lets' focus on the Isaiah 3:12 verse, which gives us the root cause of so many problems. Did you know that even liberals will agree with conservatives that one reason why the Crime Rate in the US has gone down is that there are less young people around (both sides give abortion the reason for that decrease)? Isn't that like saying 'children oppress' by being criminals? How many cases have you seen of shootings or robberies done by seasoned citizens?

Sermon3/6/19 2:00 PM
James Martin from United States  Protected NameFind all comments by James Martin
Powerful sermon. Thank you for uploading.

Sermon3/31/18 5:44 PM
Jeff Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
It Is Finished
Doug VanderMeulen
“ Though Saved, Do You Have Peace and Hope? ”
I am very grateful to Ptr. Doug for this Good Friday message. This morning, the day after Good Friday, I went out for a late breakfast/brunch with my wife. We were discussing various matters, and at one point I said, "The Lord revealed to me that he's not finished with us in this matter yet." So the Lord has taken us successfully through certain difficult situations, and in those same areas, He will continue to lead us and give us perseverance and wisdom. But when Christ said it is finished on the Cross, that saving work, the forgiveness for ALL our sins, is finished. Yet, the sermon reveals that there are many saved Christians who still are vexed with guilt and fears, and have not realized the hope and the peace that passeth understanding that flows from Christ's "It is finished." (Only one word in the Greek) I am one of those still overly vexed by guilt and fear of man. Perhaps you are too? The sermon promises that if we keep knocking on heaven's door, we will attain that level of perfect peace and hope. This is helpful to me because I have found myself asking myself how I can be saved but yet not have the peace that passes understanding. I am now encouraged that it is not beyond my reach.

Sermon11/22/17 5:36 PM
Jeff Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Understanding Sin
Doug VanderMeulen
“ The Ten Commandments Still Apply ”
This sermon is refreshing and inspirational. It begins as a preaching about the Tenth Commandment about not coveting, but this commandment and our meditation on it draws us into even deeper issues of our sinfulness. Though those who follow Christ are called "saints" in the Bible (different from the special designation used by the Roman Catholics), we know we are converted sinners, and those not in the body of Christ are unconverted sinners. So in this sermon Pastor Doug explores how we should think about and deal with this sinful condition that abides in our hearts and minds even after we have been born again. But he not only explores the matter but proclaims our need for good works, obedience to the Word of God, and recognition that through Christ we shall eventually be in that perfect place where we can 100% worship (and serve) in spirit and truth. At the same time, he clearly is not antinomian, and in no way putting a positive spin on our basic sinfulness. He recommends good works in keeping with the Ten Commandments and recommends greater study of those commandments. Following the sermon I purchased Thomas Watson's work on the Ten Commandments, and printed out a couple of sections that are available at monergism.com Have a blessed Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas. Jeff

Sermon11/18/17 6:12 PM
Jeff Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Pursue Holiness And Honor
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ Moral Purity Requires Honor II ”
To continue the previous comment.... This shows that even unsaved society is deeply conflicted over sexual morality; yet the impurity and sensuality and the lewd language and bodily activity on TV, the internet, and movies continues. Then, for someone like me who resides in New York City, we not only have to deal with various stages of undress in shopping malls as in smaller towns, but just on the subways where folks are packed together there are vulgar advertisements (like Pompeii in Pastor Doug's sermon), much showing of flesh, and sometimes physical contact between the sexes. You have to be prayed up. But the pastor brings out a key quality -- both mental and attitudinal -- namely honor. The Christian must have a deeply engrained sense that giving into temptation or even allowing oneself to feel tempted is beneath the high calling of having been elected by Jesus Christ to spend an eternity with Him. Thus, self-control and self-purification are not mainly a product of fear of God (although fear is warranted I believe) but by cultivating a sense of an elevated life based on honor and a nobility of purpose. Pastor Doug had a Facebook post about being a gentleman (he didn't say lady, but I'll add that term). That too is part of honor I believe.

Sermon11/18/17 6:01 PM
Jeff Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Pursue Holiness And Honor
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ Moral Purity Requires Honor I ”
This is a powerful sermon on the subject of sexual sins. When was the last time you heard this topic preached on either in church or even in a men's group? Yet, we are living in an incredibly sexualized society. The power of lust is a tremendous theme of fallen humanity. Roger Bacon's philosophy stressed the need not to commit the Seven Deadly Sins. Now we're seeing headlines every day about celebrities and politicians groping women, and worse, even raping. There has been a line of public figures over the years who have been dubbed "bad actors" for their sinful behavior. Yet, this finger-pointing response as Jerry Newcombe wrote about in a recent article at americanprophet.org (it's still up)is after the fact, and in contrast with the loose and ever-loosening sexual mores of our society. If it feels good, do it, but at the same time take all the right precautions, and if you are really bad, then don't get caught. So there are reprisals if you are caught abandoning yourself to sin but sin is portrayed as not that sinful. The babies keep being born out of wedlock. STDs are on the rise. Feminism clashes with the ideals of sexual freedom and the demand for government birth control pills and abortions.

Sermon7/23/17 6:55 PM
Jeffrey Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeffrey Ludwig
Beholding His Glory
Doug VanderMeulen
“ How beautiful to hear of God's glory ”
"Beloved we are now children of God." Pastor Doug tells us passionately that we shall participate in the glory of God, and it is the desire of Christ for us to see, to behold, and participate in His glory. Last week, I heard a sermon saying that Christ was about multiculturalism and painting murals in the hallways of public schools. This sermon is the perfect antidote to that sermon and others like it.

Sermon6/25/17 9:52 PM
Robert Basham from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert Basham
Righteous Before God
Doug VanderMeulen
Amen....Thank you for this wonderful message...May God bless your ministry and church...!

Sermon3/5/17 5:20 AM
Leonard Usayi  Find all comments by Leonard Usayi
“ Life transforming sermon. ”
Please may I have your sermon transcipt/notes.

Sermon12/28/16 4:11 PM
Jeff Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Love And Command
Doug VanderMeulen
“ God Commands Us To Love, And To Obey His Commands ”
This sermon will encourage Christians who have become saddened and discouraged by the widespread antinomianism in the church. Love covering a multitude of sins has been taken to mean "anything goes" for Christians as long as there is "love." Even back in the early '70's, this commenter was studying at Andover Newton Theological Seminary (Congregationalist and United Church of Christ) and situation ethics so-called was beginning to get wide acceptance in those so-called churches. Three of my fellow seminarians were shacking up with their girlfriends in the dorm of the seminary. Nobody said a word. You see, as long as those couples were professing Christians, and as long as they had "love," a reasonable adjustment to their "situation" could be made. "Love" trumps repentance and dog-like behavior, to use a metaphor from this sermon by Pastor Doug. In today's America, too often, much too often, there is no room for duty, honor, or righteousness. Love is a sentimentalized version of Christ's teachings that supposedly covers "a multitude of sins." Fear of self-righteousness has increasingly led to no righteousness. This sermon is rich in meaning, and certainly has more perspective on the real meaning of Christ's teaching than this comment, and I strongly recommend that you listen.

Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

First Presbyterian Church

Rev. Wes Lauver
Marxism & Perverted Justice

Habakkuk
First Presbyterian Church

Mark S. Wisniewski
ÂżEres Tu El Perro Muerto?

2 Samuel 2022 - Spanish