Community Baptist Church of Fargo | SermonAudio

www.cbcfargo.com
701-235-5483
Community Baptist Church of Fargo
3535 SW 25th Street
Fargo, North Dakota 58104
MyChurch: cbcfargo | Set
“Moral Purity Requires Honor I”
Jeff Ludwig from New York City
This is a powerful sermon on the subject of sexual sins. When was the last time you heard this topic preached on either in church...
Doug VanderMeulen | Heidelberg Catechism

Sermon11/21/08 3:43 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
A Call To Confidence - Psalm 108
Doug VanderMeulen
“ Hear This And Be Uplifted! ”
"Deep worship begins with a deep understanding of who He is...." This statement from this sermon resonates with the power of God to comfort and to know the True Source of that comfort. I have felt like a "dry Christian" for about six months now, and especially since the Presidential election results. Today, I returned to my desk at the end of my workday, and determined to listen to a sermon by Pastor Doug. I selected this sermon, and truly The Comforter was guiding me. This sermon will help anyone overcome dryness and a sense of frustration with his or her Christian walk. If you can only spare 15 minutes to listen to part of this sermon, it will be a special time you won't regret.

Sermon10/29/08 2:26 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
“ Hallelujah...! ”
Hallelujah! Thank the Lord for the one true Gospel that eternally saves the soul!

Sermon10/29/08 9:46 AM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
Grace, Not Race - Romans 9:1-13
Doug VanderMeulen
Great message with a unique title besides! Much truth found here for your listening! He that hath ears to hear, let him hear!

Sermon10/28/08 5:45 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
Amen! Be sure to hear this great message from Romans chapter nine!

Sermon10/28/08 5:18 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
Amen! Wonderful message! Be sure to hear this one!

Sermon10/28/08 4:18 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
God Is For Us - Romans 8:31-39
Doug VanderMeulen
Amen! Hear this wonderful message about true biblical Christian assurance from Romans chapter eight! Yes, our eternal salvation is of the Lord!

Sermon9/6/08 7:42 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ Great Sermon! Deeper Than Deep ”
This is the first of a series on sanctification by Pastor Doug. It should be required listening in seminaries across the land. I took many notes on the first sermon, but the ideas were coming so quickly in the third that I could only sit quietly and give the Lord thanks and praise. At the same time as i was listening to these sermons, I was taking a mini-course on Biblical Counseling and Sanctification at the NY School of the Bible. We used Jay Adams' short volume Growing By Grace as our textbook. I found it to be a good complement reading to go along with the sermon series.

Sermon8/26/08 10:15 AM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
Amen! Great message! It is never "too late" to learn the true gospel, but I sure wish I could have heard good sovereign grace preaching like this 50 years ago!

Sermon8/24/08 12:46 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
The Adoption As Sons - Romans 8:15
Doug VanderMeulen
Thank you for these wonderful messages from Romans!

Sermon6/8/08 10:55 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
In The Spirit - Romans 8:9-14
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ Great Sermon! In The Spirit Comment Part III ”
but they do not see their own odiousness on account of sin; they do not see the hateful nature of sin; a sense of this is given in evangelical humiliation by a discovery of the beauty of God’s holiness and moral perfection….In a legal humiliation men are made sensible that they are little and nothing before the great and terrible God…but they have not an answerable frame of heart, consisting in a disposition to abase themselves, and exalt God alone.” I hope it is not overstating the case to say that this reading was an answered prayer, and that there is a real affinity between what Pastor Doug preached and the explanation of “evangelical humiliation” described in Edwards’ book. It was a great subway ride, and, amazingly, when the guest preacher began preaching he main theme was the need for – you guessed it – a change of perspective. Yet, he didn’t touch on this theme of living in the spirit at all, but stayed with the idea of doing good works by exercising our gift of helps or gift of hospitality. When we come to the communion of the Lord’s Supper, we are called upon to examine ourselves. Do we ask ourselves whether we are advancing in our faith by meeting the behavioral requirements of Christianity, or are we trusting in the spirit in “evangelical humiliation?”

Sermon6/8/08 10:51 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
In The Spirit - Romans 8:9-14
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ Great Sermon! In the Spirit Comment Part II ”
I had believed that these rules represented the do’s and don’ts of Christianity. If they are not the means to live in the spirit, what are? For days after listening to this sermon, I pondered the thoughts I heard and prayed to the Lord for greater clarity. Then, on Sunday, June 8, I took Jonathan Edwards’ book Religious Affections with me to read on the subway while my family and I were on the way to church from Brooklyn to Manhattan. I began reading the section entitled, “Gracious affection are attended with evangelical humiliation.” What an incredible piece of writing! At the outset of that section he distinguishes between “a legal and [an] evangelical humiliation.” He says, “The former is what men may be the subjects of, while they are yet in a state of nature…the latter is peculiar to true saints. The former is from the common influence of the Spirit of God, assisting natural principles and especially natural conscience; the latter is from the special influences of the Spirit of God, implanting and exercising supernatural and divine principles:…In the former, a sense of the awful greatness and natural perfections of God, and of the strictness of His law, convinces men that they are exceeding guilty and exposed to the wrath of God…

Sermon6/8/08 10:49 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
In The Spirit - Romans 8:9-14
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ Great Sermon! Are You In The Spirit Comment Part I ”
THIS IS PART I of three comments on this profound sermon....... I have twice listened to this sermon by Pastor Doug. It’s as deep as one might wish to go into the subject of one’s walk with Christ and the nature of “salvation.” While listening I felt that I understood the initial example where the initial example of rappelling down a wall showed that once Pastor Doug let go, years ago, and went out the window for his first rappelling experience, he no longer had misgivings but kept going back to try that experience again and again. He likened his change of perspective about rappelling to a change in perspective that is needed if a Christian is to understand what it is to “live in the spirit.” So far, so good. However, when he came to the section on rules, I became somewhat unsettled. He told about rules at his Bible college about smoking, drinking, visiting the girls’ dorm, shows of affection on campus, and other regulations. These activities were supposed to help one to become a better Christian. While Pastor Doug did not deny that these rules might have some efficacy, he stated that these activities would not make one a better Christian. How could I agree with this without falling into antinomianism?

Sermon5/24/08 5:18 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
The Sin Offering - Leviticus 4
Doug VanderMeulen
“ Intriguing and Inspiring ”
Pastor Doug takes us inside the Levitical priesthood of ancient Israel, and shares with us the gospel message embedded in the seemingly arcane rules of the sacrificial system. He shares many insights but two I find particularly interesting are (1) that the sin of the high priest has the effect of contaminating the entire congregation, and (2) the sin that is atoned for is unintentional sin (i.e., not a defiant sin). Listening to Pastor Doug's series on Leviticus definitely enhances my understanding of Christ as the Lamb of God who is sacrificed on the Cross for the remission of my sins. Thus, though I remain a sinner, I may proceed on a path of righteousness for His Name's sake, spiritually aiming towards the holiness of God.

Sermon5/23/08 10:51 AM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
“ Wonderful Message! ”
Hear this wonderful message about God's great Sovereign Grace and true Christian assurance!

Sermon5/22/08 3:22 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
Life In Christ - Romans 8:1-11
Doug VanderMeulen
Thank you for this wonderful message from Romans chapter eight on the victorious Christian life! All very true.

Sermon5/21/08 1:57 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
Hear this wonderful message from the great Book of Romans! Much gospel truth for us proclaimed here!

Sermon4/6/08 2:17 PM
Wayne from Uk  Find all comments by Wayne
The Wisdom Of God
Jerry Bridges
comments
Is it possible to believe the sovereignty of God and yet have ignored the wisdom and love of God? Have a listen....

Sermon4/3/08 5:09 AM
Wayneuk  Find all comments by Wayneuk
The Providence Of God
Jerry Bridges
comments
Providentially I came across Jerry Bridges' book 'Trusting God Even When Life Hurts' several years ago at just such a time when I needed to trust God in many painful afflictions which I could not understand. I take this opportunity to thank Jerry for such a wonderful modern spiritual classic which I know was God's provision at that time. I have read the book again recently and recommend it to any troubled hurting soul who might be reading this comment. The comments on the Amazon link below will certainly back up what I am saying. http://www.amazon.com/Trusting-God-Even-When-Hurts/dp/0891096175 Listen to the 8 sermons by Jerry here on sermonaudio on the theme of his book. So glad I am to have heard him minister via sermonaudio at the Community Baptist Church of Fargo!!

Sermon3/21/08 11:19 PM
Jeff Ludwig from New York City  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ Basic Spiritual Truths Are In This Sermon! ”
How is it that we are all sinners yet aspire to the high calling that is Jesus Christ? Is it a type of schizophrenia? No. I think it's closer to what William Blake called "fearful symmetry." Without the understanding that we are sinners, at best would we not be wallowing in self-righteousness? And if we remained sinners without redemption in and through Christ, we would be dead in our trespasses. Pastor VanderMeulen, simply and beautifully, presents the case of a man, Demetrius, in 3 John who bares a wonderful testimony. The saved, the unsaved, and the Bible itself (even John himself, an apostle called by the Lord) speak to this man's integrity, that he is through and through a godly person. As usual, Pastor Doug's no frills preaching gets to the heart of the matter. There is so much in this sermon to clarify the thoughts of a soul seeking to better know its place in the universe and, above all, in the Kingdom. This sermon answers many deep questions that I have carried in my mind and heart. What is it to earnestly walk in faith? I am so aware of myself as sinner, that many times I have asked myself if I am a deceiver if and when others think well of me. Yet, this sermon brings me to a better understanding, and points the way towards a more consistent integrated life.

Sermon12/31/07 5:45 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
comments
I am writing to add a second comment as there was not enough room to complete my thoughts in the first space. Pastor VanderMeulen noted that our Biblical duty to advise a sinner of his or her sin (he rightly tells us that this discipline is a positive service to the Body of Christ and should not be viewed as merely "negative feedback")can make us uncomfortable. Further, he cautions against willy-nilly criticisms where one has a field day of criticizing our neighbor in the Lord. It is not, to use a Brooklyn phrase, an invitation for Christians "to get in the faces of" other Christians. Yet, at the same time, we are not to be slackers in this regard. Our failure to do so is itself a sin. I tend to feel very guilty when I call a fellow Christian's attention to a sin; then I swing to another extreme and bite my tongue and begin to drown in horror at "the state of church life." Pastor VanderMeulen's exposition restores my perspective. I'm brought to a point of balance where I can actually begin to see biblically where truth and love actually intersect. I really do not want to be another complacent churchgoer. Are you a churchgoer who has been fulfilling your duty to the Body? These sermons help us know if we are obeying God's commands.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Exodus From Hebrew

Isaiah J. Pyritz
The Gospel According to I Pt 2

Total Sovereign Grace

Kevin Swanson
Strange Case Francis Collins

Christian or Wayward Prophet?
Generations Radio