Community Baptist Church of Fargo | SermonAudio

701-235-5483
Community Baptist Church of Fargo
3535 SW 25th Street
Fargo, North Dakota 58104
MyChurch: cbcfargo | Set
Douglas Fir from Zones Four to Six
Thanks, SermonAudio for having the SErmons by Topic choice to find good sermons like this one. But it is sad to note that it is...
Doug VanderMeulen | The Family

Sermon11/4/11 9:35 AM
Jeffrey from New York  Find all comments by Jeffrey
comments
My comment includes the provides "it is not God has..." but should read "is it not God who has..." Sorry for the error.

Sermon11/3/11 12:56 PM
Jeffrey from New York  Find all comments by Jeffrey
comments
“ God Wants Us To Work & Be Productive ”
The beautiful thing about this sermon is its simplicity. If you work hard and make money, be thankful. If you work hard and don't make a lot of money be thankful. I know a lot of people who work hard, but at the same time are bitterly complaining about the "fat cats" or those corporate executives who are making millions. "Are they really working harder than I?" they may say. Isn't their income excessive relative to their contribution to the social weal or to the good that they do? I know a pastor who likes to speak to groups of executives and lecture them about greed. Yet, my grandfathers arrived in the U.S. and were impoverished (one only had $.25 in his pocket), yet all the grandchildren have decent jobs and middle class lifestyles. God in His Providence showed their labors were not in vain, nor are those of their grandchildren. The prosperity of some rich may be excessive, but on the other hand, in most cases it is not. God has charged such individuals with a responsibility to be generous and share, and many do! Meanwhile their riches do not result in my deprivation. Who had to become poor for Steven Jobs to become a billionaire? He began his business in a garage, not by taking anything from anyone. I recommend this sermon to you. Also read Prof. B.Folsom.

Sermon11/1/11 3:43 PM
Jeffrey from New York  Find all comments by Jeffrey
Sexual Sin - 1 Corinthians 6
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ Sexual sin, Part II ”
One additional point to be added to Part I. I live in New York City. Here there is prurient behavior everwhere, as well as prurient visials. For example, women in the most revealing clothing are standing close to one in crowded subways, or sitting nearby. Couples are doing all sorts of "stuff" from time to time (sometimes I have changed subway cars). The advertisements within the subway cars and on the buses is often lewd and suggestive. The standard clothing, especially in the warm weather is so far from modest as to be laughable. Not only is clothing not modest, it is positively ultra-revealing and lewd. Although there is a dress code in the high school where I teach, some of the students in the warm weather dress in a way that would make Pastor Doug and me cringe. Even sometimes male students are wearing only sleeveless undershirts. At another time of the year, the school has Pajama Day for seniors when they come to school dressed in bedroom attire. (And just to really shock you, despite my protests to the parents and school authorities, for the past few years there has been one day called "Cross Dressing Day" where many senior males come to school dressed as females and trying to look as sexy as possible. I hope and mightily pray to Almighty God for more sermons like this.

Sermon11/1/11 3:34 PM
Jeffrey from New York  Find all comments by Jeffrey
Sexual Sin - 1 Corinthians 6
Doug VanderMeulen
comments
“ Churches must preach about sexual sin! Part I ”
Although I have been saved fir about 25 years, I don't recall hearing any other sermon about sexual sin. Sometimes a preacher will refer to this or that abomination in a sermon, but I don't recall hearing, even once, an entire sermon devoted to this VERY important topic. If temptation draws near are we going to flee from it like Joseph from Potiphar's wife? Or are we going to be led into immorality like Aaron who told Moses that there was all that gold and...well, soon...there was a golden calf. In short, will we fall into immorality and blame "circumstances" or will we take Biblical responsibility for our actions and avoid all compromising situations when there is even a hint (by word, thought, or deed) of potential trouble for our moral life? I have had to flee from certain situations, and I still (even though I'm an old guy of 70) do not drive with a single female alone in my car. However, I was convicted by the sermon about my tendency to watch Dancing With the Stars with my wife sometimes. There is a lascivious element to those performances, and I shall cease from doing so even though I have heretofore considered this to be merely light and relaxing entertainment after a hard day's work.

Sermon10/16/11 6:56 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ There is a hierarchy created by Almighty God! ”
You know folks, you need to hear about how this teenage individualism is "odd." When I heard Pastor Doug use this word, it really resonated. You see, in the midst of the culture is a norm that is not normAL. It is odd. So if you have a teenager who is a faultfinder of his or her parents, who doesn't have an attitude of reverence and gratitude, and sees herself or himself as a mentor to his or her parents as though they are socially retarded, you have a situation that is the reverse of God's order. He lays it out. He is not fierce with anger against the dishonoring ones; but the alternative is clear. If you are to have a successful God-honoring life, it is necessary to honor thy father and thy mother, to be obedient. Otherwise, only a providential intervention to beat you down will restore one to a proper path in Christ.

Sermon9/30/11 5:34 PM
Jeffrey Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeffrey Ludwig
A Cure For Depression - Psalm 13
Doug VanderMeulen
I had just written a list of my overwhelming sorrows in an email to a friend, and said that I was turning to Pastor Doug's sermons to seek a word from the Lord Almighty. Then, when I went to the list of recent sermons what did I find?! This sermon! Talk about God's perfect timing! If you are experiencing some serious heartaches, this sermon will not only encourage you, but restore Godly clarity to your muddled thinking about who you are and God's promise-keeping -- His perfect will and covenantal love. Also, we are reminded repeatedly that we are living in (and are contributors to) this evil age. For me, it is very helpful to hear the word "evil" used, and to know that I am contributing to this evil. Yet, because of Christ's abundant love and mercy, He is intervening and ministering to me, and I can rejoice in the abundance of His love and goodness. Amen. Please take the time to listen to this sermon and allow the Lord God Almighty to give you more than a glimpse of His love.

Sermon9/7/11 3:50 AM
Antoinette Terblanche from SOUTH AFRICA CHRIST BAPTIST  Contact via emailFind all comments by Antoinette Terblanche
WHAT A TREMENDOUS BLESSING TO GOD HAS ARRANGED THROUGH YOU AND YOUR CHURCH. THE TEACHING ON HABAKKUK! WILL LISTEN TO OTHER SERIES, WHILE PUTTING PINE LABELS ETC ON CHRIST BAPTIST SEMINARY LIBRARY POLOKWANE

Sermon8/7/11 8:12 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ Basic Truths of Faith Revealed ”
Pastor Doug reviews the basic truths of the Lord's Supper as taught to all believers in the Heidelberg Catechism. One point he noted was that Paul says that "MANY..." are sick or asleep because they are coming to the Lord's Supper wrongly. Does one have a proper sense of himself or herself as a sinner? Does one have a real trust in the covering forgiveness of Christ? As usual, Pastor Doug puts the purposes of Christian beliefs and practices into perspective. If you are a churchgoer, please take 34 minutes to listen to this solid teaching.

Sermon7/8/11 7:11 PM
Jeffrey Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeffrey Ludwig
Two Ways - Two Views - Psalm 2
Doug VanderMeulen
“ A Passionate, Hopeful Sermon for a Sinful World ”
I have been listening to Pastor Doug's sermons for years, and this sermon must rank among the most passionate and profound that I have heard (this in no way should be taken to imply that other sermons are not profound). You see, I have been anguished about the passage into law in New York State of the legalization of homosexual marriage. In this preaching of Psalm 2, Pastor Doug explains that the Psalm reveals that there are two worldviews: those who love God and embrace His sovereign Lordship and those who reject Him. I couldn't do justice to the sermon by reiterating the many points made that expanded on this theme of two worldviews, but I can say that I have found consolation in this sermon. I am consoled that even though I am a sinner through and through I am walking on a path of blessedness desiring to serve my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, whereas, as Doug frequently communicates, the world LOVES THE DARKNESS. This is a deep reality that is under our sovereign God who is both severe and merciful. If any reader of this comment is undecided about whether to take the time to listen to this sermon, I seriously recommend that you make the time, take notes, and receive the powerful truths that are expressed.

Sermon7/4/11 4:16 AM
BWS  Find all comments by BWS
Christ In The Psalms - Luke 24:36-49
Rev. G. I. Williamson
“ Importantance of Psalm-Singing, Part II! ”
Should be entitled, "Singing Psalms, Hymns, Songs--Part II". This absolutely refutes the idea that singing Psalms (as some have argued) "does not include singing about Jesus", and proves that view absolutely heretical by Jesus' own teaching. To the contrary, the Psalms magnify the true Christ, "who loved righteousness and hated iniquity" and "therefore was exalted" (Heb. 1:9) as a Prince and a Savior, and his necessary sufferings. This sermon stands against the heretical and sentimental hymn-writer Isaac Watts, who condemned the Psalms (especially impreccatory), as "contrary to the spirit of the Gospel", blasphemously! To the contrary, singing Psalms balances God's divine attributes perfectly (due to inspiration), and defines them rightly, i.e. both Justice and Mercy, which sentimental modern hymns absolutely abuse and destroy for a Universalist, Arminian "love" and self-exalting praise, which knows nothing of the Justice of God, without which there is no true Mercy. Neither is the Hatred of God toward impenitent "workers of iniquity", idols, particular sins, consistent with the Law of God, made to shine as in Psalms which Jesus and the Gospel vindicate, as "just, holy, and good" (Romans 7), but which modern hymns hold in contempt.

Sermon6/17/11 12:41 PM
lasandra from Illinois  Find all comments by lasandra
The Providence Of God
Jerry Bridges
comments
I am in time in my life that I have been struggling w/a physical affliction. I have been fighting God in mu mind back and forth, but yesterday I told him, "I give up....if this pleases you, it pleases me." I felt so much peace at that point and last night PROVIDENTIALLY I someone emailed me Jerry Bridges book, Trusting God even when it hurts. I began listening to these sermons and they are just what I need!

Sermon5/17/11 4:23 PM
BWS  Find all comments by BWS
comments
“ Relevant and Convincing Message! ”
Draw around, especially all you churches who claim to be "reformed" and proclaim the "sovereignty of God" while rejecting his sovereignty over what to "speak to one another" through singing in church! Did the Lord Jesus not give strict commandments for worship in his churches through his apostles? Did he really intend us to sing Watts (who condemned the Psalms), Wesley (who was heterodox) or sentimental Fanny Crosby, or contemporary "Christian artists", even Rappers, as "psalms, hymns or songs" as if they are "spiritual (God-breathed)"? This scripture text, as the respected Mr. Williamson proves, refutes will-worship in what is sung, and shows the "means of grace" being missed! This is practiced by Presbyterians in Scotland to this day, as it once was by Spurgeon. Come modern Baptists, and hear the same position as John Gill! What a breath of gentle, refreshing air, a soft breeze that so easily blows away the clouds of worship confusion through this neglected or abused text, that few are willing to obey, because it's contrary to their conservative "traditions" or contemporary man-pleasing.

Sermon5/15/11 12:58 AM
Marqui Bacon from Saint Louis  Find all comments by Marqui Bacon
The Providence Of God
Jerry Bridges
comments
Very timely! I enjoyed this one very much.

Sermon1/8/11 8:50 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
“ The Righteousness That Christ Alone Can Give ”
This wonderful sermon about Noah tells us that if we have faith then our faith will manifest in action, just as Noah's did. And...when our faith manifests in action, it will automatically be condemning of those who do not have the faith. Yes, we may tell the truth in love to others, but the reality of the wrath of God is an inescapeable reality.

Sermon12/25/10 3:04 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Pastor Doug has presented an inspiring message about living the "life of faith." For me, it was most timely because I had heard a sermon this past week that was supposed to be "in the Christmas season mode." The preacher told us his father was a great high school athlete, and became a great aide-de-camp to Eisenhower. In fact, in hearing the "Christmas message" I learned that his father was "the greatest man he had ever met." Since hearing that sermon, I have been talking with my wife about narcissism and how it is spreading like an epidemic, growing exponentially. (I hope I wasn't too tiresome in repeating the dangers of narcissism to her.) In this sermon, I was surprised to find that Pastor Doug also takes a couple of good shots at narcissism, and how the letter "i" is at the center of s-i-n. He reveals with vibrant clarity that we must be converted, and we must live a life to faith, measured by our willingness to please others (we can still please ourselves sometimes). As we contemplate the extent to which we are living this way, we may see that we are failing, and then we shall definitely "try harder." Yet, interestingly, he shows us through Holy Scripture that even if we see we are living the life of faith, we still must try harder. Thank you for these wonderful truths.

Sermon9/24/10 1:05 PM
PuritanDownloads.com from Edmonton, Alberta  Protected NameFind all comments by PuritanDownloads.com
“ Much Useful Information On Family Worship! ”
Many more free resources on family worship are online at http://www.swrb.com/newslett/freebook/family.htm

Sermon8/6/10 10:12 PM
Jeff Ludwig from Brooklyn, NY  Find all comments by Jeff Ludwig
Be On The Alert - Mark 13
Doug VanderMeulen
“ Take Heed! Behold! ”
Pastor Doug preaches Mark 13 with tremendous clarity and zeal for the Lord. We are reminded that the prophetic end times message is a wake up call to live in Christ so that we are ready when he comes. I don't think that anyone listening to this sermon will have any doubt that, indeed, Jesus will come again. I just returned with my family from America's Keswick, a wonderful Christ-centered retreat in Whiting, NJ and was blessed to hear 9 sermons during the course of the week. Believe it or not, when I returned home today, I still was hungry for the Word, and tuned into this sermon as number 10. It's been a great week from 1 to 10!

Sermon7/20/10 11:28 PM
Mike Jeshurun from India  Contact via emailFind all comments by Mike Jeshurun
comments
“ Must Hear Sermon! ”
A wonderful sermon on the importance of Doctrine in the life of the Christian. Many in our day seemed to be scared of the very word ‘doctrine’ and want nothing to do with it. Pastor Doug VanderMeulen wonderfully sets forth the fact how Doctrine is not something to be feared and avoided but loved and studied. Doctrine is not as some suppose, something that causes DIVISION, but rather something that UNITES. A very thorough study on what Biblical doctrine is all about and the practical importance and implications of it. A sermon rich in the Word and Spirit. I would recommend this message to many of my own friends who claim to be saved but want to have nothing to do with doctrine. It is truly a ‘must hear sermon’!

Sermon6/28/10 8:14 AM
comments
“ Great difference. ”
In order to give us new life and make us faithful servants, God must crush our old life. This mentality is opposed ton the philosophy of this age which affirms the self.

Sermon6/20/10 9:20 AM
Clay Bryan from West Monroe La.  Find all comments by Clay Bryan
Now I am looking forward to hearing more sermons from Pastor Doug.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Don Green
A Jet Tour Through the Psalms

A Satellite View of the Truth
Truth Community Church

Hourly: The Church Prayer Meeting
Rev. John Greer
Ballymena Free...

Giving Willingly,God Reveals

Exodus From Hebrew

Kevin Swanson
A Rift at World Magazine

What's Christian Agenda Now?
Generations Radio