We are located in the geographic hub of Sydney, drawn from the west, east, north and south. The attraction being a Christ-centred, uncompromising, Bible-based ministry of the Word of Life, together with the warmth of true Christian fellowship.
The essence of the Congregational church is the honour of Christ.
For more than four centuries godly men have pursued the Congregational way, a way which is Reformed, Puritan and Evangelical. Ryde church is part of that way. As such she is a mainstream church with a sense of history. She is also an evangelical church with a vision for the future. Ryde church continues to embrace the four main expressions of Reformation theology: Scripture alone, Christ alone, Grace alone and Faith alone.
Statement of Faith 1. We believe the Bible is the Divinely inspired and infallible Word of God written, and the sole authority in all matters of Christian faith and practice.
2. We believe God is one, existing through all eternity in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; co-eternal; co-equally exercising sovereign power in creation, providence, and redemption.
3. We believe Satan is a fallen angel, a malignant spirit, the enemy of Jesus Christ and of the saints, deceiving mankind. He has been condemned to eternal damnation as a defeated foe.
4. We believe God created man perfect but, after being tempted by Satan, man disobeyed Godâ€™s law and thereby all mankind became sinners, falling under the curse and condemnation of a broken law. Man's whole nature is totally corrupted by sin and his fellowship with God is broken, therefore no-one has the will or the ability to come to God in his own strength.
5. We believe God alone can deal with the problem of man's sin. God must initiate and confirm a work of sovereign grace in the heart in order for man to be delivered from sin's bondage and condemnation, and to be restored to a right relationship with God
6. We believe the Scriptures affirm that the sinner is justified by faith alone in the finished work of Christ, that is, His substitionary death upon the cross and his resurrection from the dead. The works of men and the traditions of the visible church are of no avail in the salvation and justification of the lost. Saving faith is a gift from God.
7. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ was shown to be the Son of God by His birth ; teaching ; works ; death and resurrection from the dead. He has ascended in power and glory to the presence of God where He now pleads on behalf of those who call upon Him in truth.
8. We believe God is bringing all human history to a climax which will be marked by the personal bodily return to the earth of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory.
9. We believe God has appointed Jesus as Judge and there will be a final judgement. Those who are saved will be raised in a glorified body, and enjoy eternally and to the full, the presence of their Lord in heaven. Those who have rejected Christ will also be raised but banished from God for ever in Hell.
10. We believe all who have been personally redeemed with the precious blood of Christ,and upon whom God has bestowed His righteousness as a free gift, belong to Christ. They alone are members of the one universal and eternal church which is the Body of Christ referred to in Scripture. Those who are Christ's are sealed with the Holy Spirit and will never be lost.
11. We believe the Church consists of all who are chosen by the Father , redeemed by the Son, and born again by the Holy Spirit. The Church finds its visible expression in a local assembly of believers, gathered by Christ and under His sole, sufficient and supreme authority, and under the guidance and control of the Holy Spirit are appointed to glorify Christ by promoting His worship, teaching His word to believers and proclaiming His gospel to the lost.
12. We believe the Holy Spirit gives many different gifts to equip all Godâ€™s people for ministry in order to build up the Body of Christ, and He sovereignly distributes those gifts according to His will. A gift is to be valued in the Church according to its contribution to the common good.
13. We believe every Christian is called to love God with all his heart, soul, mind and strength, and to love his neighbour as himself. All are called to be conformed to the likeness of Christ doing all things to the glory of God. The indwelling Holy Spirit makes this new life a reality as Godâ€™s children yield themselves to Him.
14. We believe Christ has instituted two ordinances in and through which His person and benefits are represented. In Baptism and the Lordâ€™s Supper, believers identify with the Death, Burial, Resurrection, and Second Coming of Christ, in acknowledgement of His covenant promises to His people.
15. We believe we are under obligation to fulfil the Great Commission given to the Church by our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, to proclaim the gospel and make disciples from all nations, languages and peoples (Rev 14:6)
10am Sunday morning service (online-only due to Covid restrictions
in Sydney) - LIVE STREAMED on our 'Robert Aiken' YouTube Channel.
Lord's Supper at morning service on 1st Sundays.
Bible Study /Prayer
Wednesdays (in recess until end July)