1. Improper reaction to the situation God has placed me in. 2. Concern to the point of terror or distress regarding future uncertainties or possible certainties. 3. Primarily deals with what may happen in the future, either near or distant.
1. Need to realign thinking and heart to God's Word. 2. We need to apply His Word to our hearts. We must go beyond the knowledge that we should not worry. We need to read and study God's Word so that our Faith will be increased
LIVE THE LIFE OF FAITH
1. As we seek to deal with anxiety we must live the life of faith and trust a. â€śWhere faith begins, anxiety ends; where anxiety begins, faith endsâ€ť ~ George Mueller
Hebrews 12:1 ... let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us
FOCUSING ON JESUS
1. Many times we get anxious because our focus on on all the wrong things
Hebrews 12:2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God
PRAISE GOD HERE AND NOW
1. As we covered already covered being thankful and humility we now add Praising God to our weapons against Anxiety
a. PRAISE - RECITING GOD'S ATTRIBUTES b. PRAISE - RECITING GOD'S WORKS
1. The peace that God gives is not subject to the happenings of life.
a. GOD'S PEACE IS DIVINE b. GOD'S PEACE IS A GIFT c. GOD'S PEACE IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE