Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -13 sec
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ INTERESTED ”
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon A Discouraged Preacher | Jerry N. Thrower
Pastor Enock
"We praise God for the good way the above subject is tabled. We are happy..."
-57 hrs 
Sermon Law of God - Class 6 | Douglas Van Dorn
Chris Rogers from Law of God 6
-2 day 
Sermon Come To Mount Zion | Clay Curtis
Joseph Hakes from Ohio
-2 day 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 12 user comments posted recently.
News Item8/16/14 12:44 PM
Interested  Find all comments by Interested
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
271
comments
James Thomas wrote:
For Example:
Mr. MacAurther is Premil
Mr. Baucham is Amill
Dr. R. C. Sproul is Post mill
All I would say are Christians. All have a different view. They all cannot be right. But that should not cause me to have disregard for their understanding but yet yearn to ask questions to see why they see it that way.
I hope this answers your question.
You take an easy example. What about those whom you would label Arminian. Are they saved?

News Item1/29/12 7:23 AM
Interested  Find all comments by Interested
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
phylly wrote:
Mr. Hranek,
Can you describe the work of the Father, the Son and the Spirit in salvation?
Would you say salvation is based on a promise or is it based totally on grace?
I am interested to know from you whether you consider there is such a thing as a Gospel call, and if so, what is it and to whom is it addressed?

News Item1/28/12 9:08 PM
Interested  Find all comments by Interested
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
Neil wrote:
No I haven't. I do not elevate logic above Scriptures, but I do contend that Scripture, or any other written communication for that matter, *cannot* be understood without it, the Law of Contradiction for starters (this is foundational to formal logic, trivial though it may seem). Words must have predictable meanings, or Scripture is nonsense. I would venture to guess, based on other proofs I've seen, that Bickersteth's proof of the Trinity uses syllogistic logic in making its case, whether you recognize it or not, just as Jesus does numerous times while teaching His disciples. Do not assume logic is irrelevant just because the jargon of logic is missing.
Neil we appear to be talking at cross purposes. I appreciate what you are concerned about and I agree with you to a degree. So for instance I am in no way denying that logic is essential to understand anything.

What is worrying is logically extrapolated doctrines which are so tenous being made cardinal to the Christian faith, and resulting in man made doctrines that exist only to shackle tender consciences.

______________________________________

NiceOne

Try Eternal Generation and Eternal procession for starters. Not that I want to get into a debate about these!


News Item1/28/12 6:30 PM
Interested  Find all comments by Interested
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
Neil wrote:
Sure. The Trinity is. Why exclude Eternal Generation, if it is really a sound deduction? And I mean “if” – I'm not prepared to say it is or not.
Neil, have you ever read Edward Bickersteth's work on the Trinity (entitled Rock of Ages)? If so you will know that he does a brilliant job in showing how far the scriptures support the doctrine of the trinity. There are clear declarations of scripture which only need to be expounded to teach aspects of the doctrine of the Trinity.

What is conspicuous by its absence, is any section dealing with Eternal Generation or some of the other more abtruse teachings of the Trinity logically derived and now made a cardinal part of the Christian Faith.

I fee comfortable with Bickersteth's work. I feel very uneasy about parts of the Athanasian creed and also about some of the doctrines arrived at by the Council at Nicea.

At heart my problem is if we elevate logic above scripture, which GNC does on aspects of the doctrine of the Trinity because the link with scripture is so tenous (I appreciate you may not accept this), then instinctively I recoil because I cannot appeal to scripture as the final arbiter; the final arbiter becomes logic, and so Sola Scriptura is negated!


News Item1/27/12 10:37 PM
Interested  Find all comments by Interested
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
Neil wrote:
An understatement – logic is not merely important; it is *vital*, or else theology, not to mention every other intellectual discipline, is impossible. The doctrine of the Trinity, a manifest deduction, is one example. Men who in principle repudiate logic (as many both in & out of organized Christianity have done) get into serious trouble; they sink their own boat. The problem is not logic at all, but as you suggest, fallible men who, because of sin, do not reason properly at times; they use false premises, perhaps, or make fallacious deductions from true premises...
Eternal Generation - A logically derived doctrine, but is it scriptural or not? Should logically derived doctrines be made cardinal doctrines of the Christian faith?

A great deal of theology is concerned with splitting hairs and logic plays a big part in this. The sophistry of logicians is a huge turn off for lay people? So, should logicians who claim superiority be the new Priestly/elitist class to rule Christian thought?

To a degree this is what the Presbys have done. Built a phenomenal edifice of theology, which is a house of cards built supposition upon supposition, each supposition they believe logically derived from the Bible!


News Item10/23/11 1:08 PM
Interested  Find all comments by Interested
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
140
comments
The Silver Thread: Augustine vs. Pelagius in Church History (eBook)

http://www.monergismbooks.com/The-Silver-Thread-Augustine-vs-Pelagius-in-Church-History-eBook-p-20030.html

See what a Church historian such as Warfield had to say-Augustine gave us the Reformation!

Rome remember is happy with arminianism and all manner of semi-pelagianism and pelaginaism, but why does Augustines doctrine of grace get such a hostile reception from the Antichrist church? Simply because it is Biblical and therefore the doctrine of Pink and Spurgeon

So was Augustine used of God in a mighty way for church historians and godly preachers say 'yes'


News Item10/23/11 12:01 PM
interested  Find all comments by interested
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
140
comments
'We have studied diligently the writings of such men as Augustine and Acquinas, Calvin and Melanethon, Jonathan Edwards and Ralph Erskine, Andrew Fuller and Robert Haldane*. And sad it is to think that these eminent and honored names are almost entirely unknown to the present generation. Though, of course, we do not endorse all their conclusions, yet we gladly acknowledge our deep indebtedness to their works. We have purposely refrained from quoting freely from these deeply taught theologians, because we desired that the faith of our readers should stand not in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. For this reason we have quoted freely from the Scriptures and have sought to furnish proof-texts for every statement we have advanced.

A W Pink First edition of the Sovereignty of God 1918

I note on MH's link all the theologians listed can be found to speak of Augustine including Pink who says he studied Augustine!

Spurgeon says: 'next to Calvin, I love Augustine' http://www.spurgeon.org/misc/bio20.htm

Who stood up against the wicked deception of Pelagius...Augustine? How and why?

Surely Augustine was a man greatly used of God, but a man nevertheless. To pour scorn on his salvation- is wise? Luther next and then Calvin?


News Item10/31/10 7:54 AM
Interested  Find all comments by Interested
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
84
comments
Lurker wrote:
I use the KJV ... I rarely get involved in version debates.
It would still be intersting to hear why you use the KJV, even without entering any debate

News Item4/8/07 4:12 PM
Interested  Find all comments by Interested
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
24
comments
I am interested in what is inapropriate about Barry's comment IF he is simply stating it as a factual jewish practice in the past. I haven't researched to see if his claim is true, but have you? I don't hear him saying it should be instituted as law or even agreeing with such so read it again. Whilst I would deplore a christian promoting any such thing why seek to stick an oiled hot potatoe in the mouth of sermonaudio to silence such? IF it is a FACTUAL STATEMENT THEN sermon audio are right to allow such to rermain unless of course barry says all sodomites today deserve the same.

Survey12/18/06 9:50 AM
Interested  Find all comments by Interested
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
92
comments
http://www.salisburyemmanuel.org.uk/

There is a minister Malcom Watts on sermonaudio (as well as Roy Mohon, David Silversides) who have material on psalmody.

The link above is looking at what the Bible says.

First admission: does our own particular church sing enough psalms in light of the scriptures?


Survey12/18/06 9:35 AM
Interested  Find all comments by Interested
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
92
comments
Michael NY

I know you do not have much interest in the Refomed view but I always found it interesting that one of the greatest baptist preachers C H Spurgeon sang hymns unaccompanied. What convinced him that organs were wrong and why do protestants of an earlier age rank the organ as a popish introduction to worship. I always wondered how we are so rightly willing to accept that God preserved the Holy scriptures (and the Psalms) but it seems virtually nothing of early hymns e.g. the ones that the Apostles supposedly sung? I don't mean to be argumentive as I am in the middle, having though seen a strong case for psalmody. If man is allowed to choose his own compositions that is how we eventually end up with charismatic worship? Imagine their activities to an unaccompanied psalm reverent worship

I will follow peoples studies and input with much interest, but we need to examine the claims of both sides offline first if we have anything worthy to add. It is a hot topic!


Survey11/26/06 6:09 PM
Interested  Find all comments by Interested
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
222
comments
Freewiller,

In the case of John the baptist did the Lord look into the future and see John as a believer and therefore choose him or did He ordain and purpose John and his work before he was even born Isa 40:3 and Romans 9:11 etc?

Acts 13: 48 tells us that God sovereignly ordains first before we can believe. Luke 1: 15 tells us that John was filled with the Holy Ghost from his mother's womb-so did he choose God by his own freewill first?

Was Saul seeking Christ or Christ seeking him for a purpose Acts 22: 14,15.

I Corinthians 12: 3 says no man can say Jesus is Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

The scriptures teach that God opens the heart first e.g. Lydia, and Peter's confession in Matthew 16 'Thou art the Christ' Jesus clearly says how such was revealed. Also John 3:8.

John 3:6 and Romans 8: 8,9. If we are in the flesh as unsaved how can we say Jesus is Lord first and then call upon HIM, UNLESS GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT HAS ALREADY OPENED OUR HEART AND BLIND EYES AND ENLIGHTENED OUR MIND... FIRST?

Freewiller did you open your own heart, eyes and understanding? Cooperate with God's leading by an act of the flesh? Or were you born again from above FIRST and therefore believed Luke 18: 26, 27.

Acts 13: 48 only the many first ordained to eternal life BELIEVED






A Man Called 'Help'

Shawn Reynolds
Living in the BRANCH

Sovereign Grace Baptist
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

Rev. Wes Lauver
When Answered Prayer Hurts

Habakkuk
First Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Rev. Wes Lauver
Marxism & Perverted Justice

Habakkuk
First Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Sermon: Elections - America Fails Test
Kevin Swanson

FOUNDATIONS CONFERENCE

SPONSOR | 4,500+

SPONSOR




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
ChurchOne App New!
Watch
Android New!
ChurchOne App New!
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
TECH TALKS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish
Audio | Video | Stats
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Webcast | Multicast
Solo Sites
Internationalization
Podcasting
Listen Line
Events | Notices
Transcription
Billboards
QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Privacy Policy

THE VAULT VLOG
A Man Called 'Help' New!
Copyright © 2022 SermonAudio.