Reformed Baptist Church | SermonAudio

Reformed Baptist Church of Louisville
3400 Wilderness Trail
Louisville, KY 40299
P.O. Box 991257
Louisville, KY 40269
MyChurch: rbclou | Set
“Great, relevant, poignant, and interesting”
B. McCausland
Jim Savastio | The Law of God

Sermon9/8/05 8:49 PM
Larry Pan from Rosemead, California  Contact via email
King Jotham
Jim Savastio
comments
Thank you for the encouraging message.

Sermon9/6/05 9:49 PM
Doug Hobson from Louisville, Kentucky
Witnessing at Work
Grant Jones
comments
“ Practical, helpful instruction on workplace Christianity ”
Grant Jones gives wise counsel in living our Christian faith in the work place. His message rings authentic and spirit-filled, and is helpful at many levels. This clip would make for a lively discussion in Sunday School or Bible study groups.

Sermon9/3/05 3:26 PM
Dr. Griffiths
Unless You Repent
Jim Savastio
“ Katrina & Luke 13:1-8 ”
Of all the possible sermon topics in response to hurricane Katrina focusing on Luke 13:1-8 and what Jesus has to say to a similar tragic circumstance will be absolutely essential for pastors and bible believers. We need to draw the right lessons from hurricane Katrina and proclaim those lessons especially to those now looking to God for answers. More than a year ago Jim Savastio preached a powerful message of repentance and hope in Christ. This is a model sermon with a message that needs to be proclaimed now with power and humility to the entire nation.

Sermon8/27/05 9:36 PM
Bob Brown from Kentucky
Witnessing at Work
Grant Jones
comments
I was greatly moved and convicted by this message by Grant Jones. I highly recommend it to all Christian men in the workplace.

Sermon8/13/05 7:24 PM
Dr. Richard Griffiths
“ Powerful Sermon!!!!!!! ”
Jim Savastio exposition of Jesus's parable on prayer is filled with insight and deeply moving. He rightly condemns the view that the church will never suffer violent persecution. Jim states tell that to the Christians made into human torches for Nero's court, the reformers murdered during the reformation or those recently suffering persecution in communist countries. I would add tell that to the 1.5 million Armenians slaughtered by the Ottoman Turks for their faith. In a recent work "The Burning Tigris" by Peter Balakian the author relates the followng eyewitness account of the storming of a church by an islamic mob: "The mob had plundered the Gregorian church, desecrated it, murdered all who had sought shelter there...The leader of the mob cried: "Muhammede salavat" Believe in Mohammed and deny your religion. No one answered....The leader gave the order to massacre. The first attack was on our pastor. The blow of an axe decapitated him. His blood, spurting in all directions, spattered the walls and ceiling." Jim Savastio explains how Jesus's question will he find faith when he returns relates directly to the importance and power of prayer in all our lives especially when we are suffering and God does not immediately deliver us.

Sermon7/30/05 7:19 AM
Augustine from Pennsylvania
The Life of Martin Luther
Jim Savastio
comments
“ Enlightening and Edifying ”
Jim Savastio offers a balanced, thoughtful and informed consideration of Luther's life.

Sermon7/25/05 10:55 AM
Mikisha from Chicago
comments
This sermon really blessed me. The Lord gave me this chapter during a fast and this sermon gave me a more in depth understanding.

Sermon7/17/05 11:22 AM
D.F. Lukawski from Chicago
The Life of Martin Luther
Jim Savastio
comments
Great Sermon. Visited many of the places you spoke of. I am a Lutheran and a member of the Wisc. Synod.

Sermon7/7/05 7:54 AM
Michael from Kyoto, Japan  Contact via email
comments
“ fearful message ”
Good message. These passages are sometimes hard to stomach, though. I would have stressed more the importance of the perseverance of the saints, but that is just me. Jim has a message that does not go beyond the intent of the text, and therefore, makes the text clear and more understandable. Thank you and keep up the good exegesis and explanations of God's word.

Sermon5/28/05 8:22 PM
C. Bailey
The Bible and Psychology
Jim Savastio
comments
This is a noteworthy sermon. All Christians should hear this.

Sermon5/27/05 4:30 PM
Dr. Edward Rosenstein from Philadelphia  Contact via email
Naomi
Austin Walker
New words would have to be minted to capture the excellence of Reverend Walker's two sermons, Ruth and Boaz---Magnificent, clear, rich delivery--I'm disappointed that he has so few sermons listed---I hope he'll post more--A real treasure--

Sermon3/10/05 8:02 PM
Jennifer Spinner from Kings Bay, Ga
The Virtuous Woman
John Grevious
comments
“ Wonderful ”
I am blessed by this message. Thank you, John Grevious, for a timeless message to all women.

Sermon2/21/05 8:06 PM
Daniel Pearce from Los Angeles
Formalism
John Grevious
I feel there is more credibility when a person is not "performing" when preaching. See Paul's comment re: his speaking style.

Sermon2/14/05 4:00 PM
Dan Kimmel from Neeses, SC  Contact via email
Hosea 11
Jim Savastio
Dear Pastor Savastio, Thank you so much for this wonderful series on the book of Hosea. After listening to each chapter, I wanted to write and tell you how blessed I have been through your opening of God's Word. Now, after hearing your exposition of Chapter 11, I can contain myself no longer. Would you believe that I wondered whether or not Hosea might be boring? Wow! how wrong could I be. There are so many truths buried in the text that it is marvelous to behold. You sir are a man greatly blessed by God in your ability to expound His revelation to us. Thank you for your faithfulness to the gifts that He has showered upon you for the benefit of all. Yours in the Lord, Dan Kimmel

Sermon11/22/04 5:45 PM
C. Ryan Jenkins from Illinois
“ Excellent Sermon! ”
This is a profoundly impactful sermon! It is faithful to the text, insightful, and immensely practical - well done! I listened to it a number of times and would highly recommend it!

Sermon11/16/04 3:31 AM
Mrs. Lori S. from Ohio  Contact via email
What a wonderful sermon on finding peace that surpasses all understanding! Worry and anxiety are truly a terrible sin. Our God is truly a great God! What a wonderful reminder that God is truly in control and that our true peace can only come from Him. And that when we are anxious, we are to turn it to the Lord. Also, what a wonderful reminder of how powerful prayer truly is. Thank you! This message was very timely for me. God bless.

Sermon10/11/04 9:30 AM
Jeanette from Houston, Texas  Contact via email
70 Years of Capitivity
Jim Savastio
A lively speaker, who commands your attention, and teaches the truth of the word. The speaker gives a lot of useful backround information. If I enjoy a sermon, sometimes I listen twice. I will listen to this sermon twice.

Sermon8/15/04 4:09 PM
william linnett from home  Contact via email
this 9 series sermon on psalm 34 by Jim Savastio is indued with power from on high that it brings tears of elation to my eyes. Thanks for posting it on sermonaudio.com. I particularly like how he connects it to the remembernce. may the Lord bless you in all your endevers.And may this sermon truly bless all who here it. praise God that it has been taped so that other may be granted the oppertunity to here it.

Sermon3/29/04 10:29 PM
Lary Jilton from Jonesborough,Tn
Amos Chapter 2
Jim Savastio
comments
Great sermon! I have been studying the minor prophets at Graham Bible college in Bristol, Tn. and came across this website and to my delight found this sermon. It was excellent and helpful. I am very excited to have found such an excellent site to garner so much valuable information. Pastor Savastio, thank you and I will be listening to more of your sermons in the near future.

Sermon3/18/04 8:49 AM
Dan from SC, USA  Contact via email
Amos Chapter 2
Jim Savastio
comments
“ Great Sermon! Support Link ”
Dear Sir, Here is a link about Amos 2:9 prophesy fullfilled, "Dug into Hell", hard evidence about hell. The more I think about it, and listen to this short sound clip 1/3 down link page, I remember that God's Word said; He is going to throw the false prophet into the bottomless pit ALIVE. Please read & listen prayfully: http://www.av1611.org/hell.html Thank You, DannyBOy I can not tell you what a Great Blessing this entire web site is to me and everyone else around the world.

Jump to Page : back 11 [12] 13