"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:2)
CHRIST GAVE HIS LIFE FOR ME TUNE TO COMPLETE IN THEE LM/CHORUS WORDS BY JIM BYRD
1. I once was lost and dead in sin, With naught but wretchedness within; But then the Spirit to me came, And now I love the Saviorâ€™s Name.
CHORUS: â€˜Twas by His blood Christ saved my soul, Forgave my sin and made me whole; Since in His righteousness I stand, Someday Iâ€™ll enter heavenâ€™s land.
2. What wondrous mercy, grace and love, That Christ descended from above; To give Himself the sacrifice, And fully pay my ransom price. CHORUS
3. By faith I do the Lord receive, The gospel message I believe; For none could save, but Christ alone, That One who reigns upon His throne. CHORUS
4. Some blessed day the Lord Iâ€™ll see, And dwell with Him eternally; And still my song of praise shall be, Christ Jesus bled and died for me. CHORUS
SCRIPTURE READINGS: MORNING: JOHN 12:20-41 EVENING: JOHN 2:1-11
GUARDIAN ANGELS "Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?" (Hebrews 1:14)
My soul, art thou an heir of salvation? By reason of this heirship, behold thy high dignity! Angels, who are high in intellect, disembodied spirits, and who excel in wisdom and in power, are servants in thine Emmanuelâ€™s kingdom, to minister unto thee, and to all thy brethren in Jesus who are heirs of salvation. Oh! couldest thou see how they watch over thee, how they guard thee from a thousand evils; didst thou but know how eternally safe thou art amidst a host of foes, which come against thee; then, like the prophetâ€™s servant, thou wouldest frequently see, by the eye of faith, "the mountain around thee full of horses and chariots of fire" (2 Kings 6: 17). And who shall say to what extent their ministry is exercised? If a single angel destroyed seventy thousand in the host of Israel at the command of God, (2 Samuel 24:15-16) and a hundred and fourscore and five thousand of the Assyrians which came forth against Israel, (2 Kings 19:35) what may not the child of God hope for, who is an heir of salvation, from the perpetual ministry of these ministering spirits? Oh! thou dear Lord, cause thine holy angels thus, by night and day, to take their stand, and watch over my defenseless hours! And, yet more than this, my adored Redeemer! Come Thou, and bless me with the unceasing visits of Thy love, and say to me, as to Thy church of old: "Fear thou not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed, for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee, yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness" (Isaiahã€€41:10). â€“Robert Hawker
SAVED BY GRACE In reading the Scriptures, I not only find that salvation is by Godâ€™s grace alone, but also that grace is shown to sinners in a way that honors His justice in the punishment of sin through the death and resurrection of Christ. What does the Bible say about divine grace?
1. GRACE WAS GIVEN TO SOME SINNERS IN CHRIST FROM OLD ETERNITY. "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began" (2 Timothy1:9).
2. GRACE IS FREELY GIVEN BUT ALWAYS ON THE BASIS OF THE SUBSTITUTIONARY DEATH OF CHRIST. "Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Romans 3:24).
3. GRACE IS A SOVEREIGN GIFT OF GOD. "And He said, I will make all My goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy" (Exodus 33:19).
4. GRACE WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY ADDITIVE FROM MAN. "Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work" (Romans 11:5-6).
5. GRACE FOR GUILTY SINNERS IS ONLY TO BE FOUND IN CHRIST. "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth" (John 1:14).
6. GRACE IS THE POWERFUL MOTIVATING PRINCIPLE THAT GOVERNS A BELIEVERâ€™S LIFE. "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace" (Romans 6:14).
7. AS GRACE IS THE THEME OF OUR SONG IN THIS WORLD, SO IT WILL BE IN ETERNITY. "By the grace of God I am what I am" (1 Corinthians 15:10). â€“Pastor Jim Byrd