Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream
 14,000

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -16 sec
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
About | $1 Signup!
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

Breaking News All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  11/29/2020
TUESDAY, OCT 20, 2020  |  26 comments
Michigan pastor leaves church over Trump support
A pastor of a Christian Reformed Church congregation in Michigan has left the ministry due to his belief that the church is too supportive of President Donald Trump.

Pastor Keith Mannes preached his final sermon at East Saugatuck CRC on Oct. 11, telling the Holland Sentinel that he felt the church had “abandoned its role” in not holding Trump more accountable.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianpost.com

   11/06/20  |  A Tribute to Alan Cairns, SermonAudio's First Preacher • 15 comments
   11/03/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Dropbox Support for Convenient Uploading! • 2 comments
   10/31/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: ChurchOne App v2.1 for All Broadcasters! • 9 comments
   10/27/20  |  SermonAudio Launches Gospel of John Campaign to Portland
   10/14/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: SA Channel v4.1 for the Roku TV Refreshed! • 37 comments
MORE SPECIAL | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 26 user comment(s)
News Item10/21/2020 9:48 PM
Noname | Southaven Mississippi  Find all comments by Noname
Stevenr sadly I believe you are right😕
26

News Item10/21/2020 9:43 PM
Noname | Mississippi  Find all comments by Noname
And I would say the past four years have seen exponential economic growth! The dems though have been creating muchhhhh chaos because they were sad Hillary lost. So for people who don’t like this country, yes it’s been a terrible 4 years and sadly a terrible 2020 for EVERYONE because of liberals. As I’ve said before, if I was old enough trump would have my vote although I don’t care to much who wins (except that Biden Harris is for abortion) because if Biden wins I believe the dems will be very disappointed so they’ll just let Kamala do everything for him (if she already isn’t) and we’ll see how that goes...
25

News Item10/21/2020 9:34 PM
Noname | Mississippi  Find all comments by Noname
Bruhman, we all deserve death. That may have been what he was getting at 🤷🏾‍♂️ hopefully...
24

News Item10/21/2020 2:18 PM
The Quiet Christian  Find all comments by The Quiet Christian
I'm sorry you have experienced that, Bruhman. But I think you have attributed Trump as the source. Critical Race Theory is really at the root of this all.

None of us want our brothers and sisters of color or our neighbors of color to struggle more than anyone else might. We want everyone to do well. But the outcome is beyond our power to produce...that belongs to God. What is in our power is to reach out with a helping hand and the right hand of fellowship, just like anyone would want. Meanwhile, the Lord still blesses hard work with its fruit, fatherhood, and marriage of one man to one woman for life. These are where we all, without respect to skin color, can place our emphasis.

23

News Item10/20/2020 11:18 PM
Bruhman | Memphis Tennessee  Find all comments by Bruhman
Good in glad this preacher is speaking out. The past 4 years have been nothing but disaster. Sadly many of my white evangelical counterparts are becoming more and more racist. I recently seen a tweet from a white preacher a trumpy who said George Floyd and breanna taylor deserved to die

No love of christ at all.

22

News Item10/20/2020 11:15 PM
Anonymus  Find all comments by Anonymus
I'm glad he left. We are seeing white supremacy come into the American church. I find it a doublestandard how majority of American racist preachers slammed the Obama Administration on everything but today if you say one word about their lord and savior trump they get mad.

Trump is not saved and is using white evangelicals to vote for him.

21

News Item10/20/2020 8:51 PM
CV  Find all comments by CV
Jimmy
if you take a defined group, of course you are getting conformity. 100% of Christians accept Jesus as God. Conformity puts them in this group. Belonging in a category does not a "cult" make!

Trump acknowledges Jesus and asks for prayer. You've convinced people into thumping him as if he is making doctrinal statement from the pulpit.

"Should Christians try to force the kingdom on others?" and "Dangers of moralism," you tout warning Christian involvement in election.
Yet, all this was just as true at the founding of this CHRISTIAN nation, the most free nation to have existed -blessed beyond any other nation because it was a fountain for the spread of the Gospel. Why now?
Your "dangers of moralism" hasn't stopped you from exercising it on Trump.
Nor has it stopped others from applying it to abortion. And convinced they have no involvement in this world, they go vote!

99% of this bloated government has no biblical basis for existence. Where is the states authority to licensure healing?

Life is an inalienable right. But out of virus fear and self interest, ownership was transferred to the state to force compliance. State worship was demanded. In the case of the unborn, the right to life was not alienable, because a woman's interest was not as important.

20

News Item10/20/2020 6:39 PM
Stevenr | Missouri  Find all comments by Stevenr
My political statement of the year:
When you are offered two handfuls of excrement to eat, you pick the one with peanuts. That way you at least get some protein out of it.
Trump may be just another pile of worldly excrement, but his administration isn’t completely anti Christian.
19

News Item10/20/2020 3:28 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Perhaps sanity will once again return to this nation?❗👍
excerpt from, "The Rich White Civil War"
https://tinyurl.com/y9d8dtf
Still, good for this pastor.
White is the important word.
18

News Item10/20/2020 2:11 PM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
Frank wrote:
...My firm conviction was he was not a Christian...
And the hard thing is, denouncing MLK's false doctrines might give Leftists the fallacious impression I oppose Civil Rights and support the Old South, which I do not. This puts me on both sides' Enemies Lists.
17

News Item10/20/2020 1:36 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Neil wrote:
MLK, who believed Gandhi more than Jesus, was wrong: The church is not the "conscience of the State" (which sure sounds like "Dominionism"), its purpose is to worship and glorify God, and teach and minister to believers.
Many "Reformed" churches need reforming, apparently.
I once did a study on MLK’s personal life and his theology. My firm conviction was he was not a Christian. I remember once visiting a church and the pastor decided to preach on how moral King was. I got up immediately, gave him a look that was not meant to be nice, and then walked out.

And I’m sure most realize that any politician or media personality would quickly lose their jobs if they spoke the truth about him. And this negative thought is also noteworthy in our pulpits.

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

16

News Item10/20/2020 1:05 PM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
MLK, who believed Gandhi more than Jesus, was wrong: The church is not the "conscience of the State" (which sure sounds like "Dominionism"), its purpose is to worship and glorify God, and teach and minister to believers.

Many "Reformed" churches need reforming, apparently.

15

News Item10/20/2020 10:42 AM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
US senator Ben Sasse Republican from Nebraska, explained his comments about Trump. I think his comments did him well in the purple parts of the state. This Lutheran should give Evangelicals something to think about.
Nicholas Fandos wrote:
....
Mr. Sasse, 48, began by saying that he had worked hard to develop a “working relationship” with Mr. Trump, and even prayed for the president because he is one of “our leaders.” He said he was pleased when Mr. Trump adopted traditionally conservative policy stances and nominated conservative judges. And, he added, he understood that some Nebraska voters were “frustrated” with his criticisms of the president.

But the compliments stopped there.

“I’m not at all apologetic for having fought for my values against his in places where I think his are deficient, not just for a Republican but for an American,” Mr. Sasse said.

excerpt from, "Slamming Trump, G.O.P. Senator Warns of a ‘Republican Blood Bath’"

https://tinyurl.com/yyjtvh34

I'm glad to see that the New York Times, resisted using any of the rough language that Senator Sasse used, not that there was much of it.

Apparently they are following their old motto,"All the news that's fit to print"❗👍

14

News Item10/20/2020 10:26 AM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Noname wrote:
I would say this pastor is right for saying that trump is not held accountable enough. He is veryyyyyyyy wrong for leaving his fathers flock when he is supposed to be shepherding them!!!!!!!! Trump is in need of a savior (as we all are) he is an openly immoral person but... if I was old enough I would still vote for him. Not because he’s such a great Christian but because he is great for the economy, stands for our rights and does not want communist control of if you can have a baby or murder it!
Very well said, thank you! I will vote for Trump because he panders to the pro-life agenda. And because of that many little innocent babies will be spared. Every politician has a base that they must satisfy and they will do that without any truthfulness. They simply tell them what they want to hear.

And yes, Trump is an immoral buffoon.

13

News Item10/20/2020 9:54 AM
Noname | Mississippi  Find all comments by Noname
I would say this pastor is right for saying that trump is not held accountable enough. He is veryyyyyyyy wrong for leaving his fathers flock when he is supposed to be shepherding them!!!!!!!! Trump is in need of a savior (as we all are) he is an openly immoral person but... if I was old enough I would still vote for him. Not because he’s such a great Christian but because he is great for the economy, stands for our rights and does not want communist control of if you can have a baby or murder it!
12

News Item10/20/2020 9:43 AM
Dr. Tim | Way Down Yonder  Find all comments by Dr. Tim
“Cult conformity,” Jim? If that isn’t the top bullet on your resume, I don’t know what is.
11

News Item10/20/2020 9:20 AM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Perhaps sanity will once again return to this nation?❗👍
David Brooks wrote:
.....
...philosophical dispute is not new. There have always been some people who thought we need hierarchical structures to keep us safe and others who thought we need to be emancipated from oppressive structures so we can be free.

What is new is how cultish this dispute has become. The researchers asked a wide variety of questions, on everything from child-rearing to national anthem protests. In many cases, 97 to 99 percent of Progressive Activists said one thing and 93 to 95 percent of Dedicated Conservatives said the opposite. There’s little evidence of individual thought, just cult conformity. The current situation really does begin to look like the religious wars that ripped through Europe after the invention of the printing press, except that our religions now wear pagan political garb.

The good news is that once you get outside these two elite groups you find a lot more independent thinking and flexibility. This is not a 50-50 nation. It only appears that way when disenchanted voters are forced to choose between the two extreme cults....

excerpt from, "The Rich White Civil War"

https://tinyurl.com/y9d8ftd4

Still, good for this pastor.

10

News Item10/20/2020 8:03 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
JC wrote:
I find your comment interesting John. Four years ago my friends encouraged me to vote for the lessor of the evils. I simply felt like voting for evil was wrong. And yes I appreciated much of what trump stands for. But what if we followed Jesus example and prayed...and prayed...and prayed...its just a thought
Praying is good. But not voting is going against the Bible. And voting for Biden would be endorsing evil. Voting for Trump is the only alternative for saved individuals.
9

News Item10/20/2020 7:48 AM
JC | Sodak  Find all comments by JC
I find your comment interesting John. Four years ago my friends encouraged me to vote for the lessor of the evils. I simply felt like voting for evil was wrong. And yes I appreciated much of what trump stands for. But what if we followed Jesus example and prayed...and prayed...and prayed...its just a thought
8

News Item10/20/2020 7:11 AM
Adriel  Find all comments by Adriel
“”pastor of a Christian Reformed Church congregation in Michigan has left the ministry due to his belief that the church is too supportive of President Donald Trump.“”

This pastors worldly “beliefs” are stronger than his “faith”

Oh ye of little faith.

Then of course we can bring GOD’s providence into this situation and quote the Word of GOD.
Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
13:4
For he is the minister of God to thee for good.”

The congregation will be better off without him!!!

7
There are a total of 26 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
Americans increasingly comfortable with church defiance of...
dr. tim from way down yonder: "jim thinks he’s so suave when he tells his mom,..."
-50 min 
Belgians Told Police Will Knock on Doors at Christmas to...
mike from new york: " chrisgp from england “sieg heil” and “heil hitler” at nazi..."
-57 min 12 
Dutch Doctors Can Now Secretly Place Sedatives in Food before...
wayner: "nov nhs 2020 son in law's mother wrongly 'diagnosed(?)' over the phone..."
-1 hrs 14 



Rev. Phil Owen
More than a Biography

Luke 7:36-50
Sunday - AM
Armor Bible Church PCA
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 05

Dr. Suh
History of Korean Baptist Work

Dr. Seung Chan Suh
Discover The Word With Dr...
Play! | MP3

Kevin Swanson
Calvin and Dordt Bite the Dust

Christian Colleges Come Down
Generations Radio
Play! | MP3

John Pittman Hey
Beware the Big Talkers

Only Christ's Promises Count
Grace Bible Church
Play! | MP3

Sermon:
#179 A Rough Ride Ahead
Dr. James M. Phillips

SPONSOR | 12,700+

SPONSOR




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Portland, OR
  2   DAYS LEFT
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
ChurchOne App New!
Watch
Android
ChurchOne App New!
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV New!
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
2-MINUTE TIPS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Solo Sites
Internationalization
Listen Line
Events | Notices
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream

INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP New!
Upload via Dropbox New!

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Privacy Policy

TECH TALK
Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 05
Copyright © 2020 SermonAudio.