Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsSITE
Events | Local | Blogs
New Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -53 sec
Top Sermons
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  2/28/2020
Choice News MONDAY, JAN 13, 2020  |  50 comments  |  1 commentary
Nebraska Governor Declares 'Day of Prayer' to End Abortion on Roe Anniversary
Nebraska’s governor has declared this year’s Roe v. Wade anniversary a “Statewide Day of Prayer” and is urging the state’s citizens to “pray for an end to abortion.”

Republican Gov. Pete Ricketts released the proclamation Wednesday, designating Jan. 22 as a day of pray and stating that Nebraska is a “pro-life state.”

“Since Roe v. Wade, over 50 million unborn children have been killed by abortion in the United States,” the proclamation says. “... It seems right and fitting that the citizens of the State of Nebraska are urged to pray for an end to abortion and for our fellow citizens who need our love and support.” ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianheadlines.com

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Rekindling the Gospel • 100+
Matt Henslee | Mayhill Baptist

Scriptural View of Abortion
  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Abortion, Enough Is Enough! • Rev. Armen Thomassian | 3/3/2019
•  Scriptural View of AbortionDr. Mark Allison | 1/20/2013
•  Ever right to have abortion?Dr. Alan Cairns | 6/22/2009
•  180 The Movie (Full Video)Ray Comfort | 10/4/2011

   02/28/20  |  Airlines unleash herpes disinfectant to clean virus-tainted... • 1 comments
   02/28/20  |  NSA's controversial $100 million phone surveillance programme... • 2 comments
   02/28/20  |  Residents fight housing coronavirus patients in their cities • 1 comments
   02/28/20  |  Council apologises for primary school inviting sexually explicit... • 2 comments
   02/28/20  |  Spike in violence, profanity on TV shows rated OK for kids
MORE RELATED ( SOCIETY ) NEWS | MORE..
   02/22/20  |  Trump admin. creates new advisory board to expose research using... • 35 comments
   02/22/20  |  Transgenderism Grows by 1,500% Among Swedish Children • 1 comments
   02/11/20  |  No Room for Pro-Lifers in Democratic Party, Sanders Says:... • 37 comments
   02/11/20  |  Teacher Forces 7th Graders To Do Trans Homework • 16 comments
   02/09/20  |  Franklin Graham banned in Britain! • 70 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   01/21/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Internationalization, Reaching the World! • 4 comments
   01/03/20  |  2019 Foundations Conference Followup Report • 6 comments
   12/30/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: Second: Pearl Mountain Coffee, 100% Profits to... • 4 comments
   12/06/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: Revamped MyChurch App for All Broadcasters! • 3 comments
   11/11/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: Player Keyboard Shortcuts, Playback Speeds • 2 comments
MORE SPECIAL | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 50 user comment(s)
News Item1/16/2020 2:29 PM
Adriel  Find all comments by Adriel
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

Jer 23:23 Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off? 24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD."

Prov 15:3 The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good."

1Kings 8:27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?"

Psalm 139:7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. 9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;"

2Cor 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."

2Cor 4:18 the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal."

50

News Item1/16/2020 6:51 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Brother John UK 1. do you believe that God inhabits eternity? (Isaiah 57:15). 2. Would it not stand to reason that because God is not limited by time that means He inhabits eternity past, present and future? 3. Which means electing Aunty Dolly from before the foundation of the world in answer to His child’s earnest petition is not out of the realm of His power. 4. We cannot fathom all the essence of God with our finite mind. 5. We have no list of the elect, so praying for God to save an individual is not out of the will of God (Romans 10:1)
Brother, you have packed a lot in there. Let's see.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes (but compare John 17:9)
4. Agree
5. Methinks your proof text has Paul praying not for an individual but for a nation, the nation of Israel. Now we know that not all of the nation of Israel will be saved, but only a remnant, the elect (Romans 11:5-7). It was Paul who told us that. So why did he pray for the whole nation, knowing that only a remnant would be saved? Hedging his bets?

We know from my text that if we pray anything according to God's will, we have that petition. All other prayer is ineffective. That is the point I am making.

49

News Item1/15/2020 8:53 PM
The Quiet Christian  Find all comments by The Quiet Christian
Absolutely, US. Even from the Reformed perspective, we don't have a list of the elect and MUST give the Gospel to everyone everywhere. Praying for them as individuals is part of that effort, as the gift doesn't come from us but from the Lord. Psalm 127:1.

Impossible to know the mind of the Lord.

48

News Item1/15/2020 7:19 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Brother John UK do you believe that God inhabits eternity? (Isaiah 57:15). Would it not stand to reason that because God is not limited by time that means He inhabits eternity past, present and future? Which means electing Aunty Dolly from before the foundation of the world in answer to His child’s earnest petition is not out of the realm of His power. We cannot fathom all the essence of God with our finite mind. We have no list of the elect, so praying for God to save an individual is not out of the will of God (Romans 10:1)
47

News Item1/15/2020 5:47 PM
Michael Hranek | from outside the Clinic  Contact via emailFind all comments by Michael Hranek
John UK wrote:
My dear old thing, beloved brother, is it really you? How I have missed you over these several years. I hope you will stick around a bit, and cause a great thinking and pondering on spiritual issues.
Mark 9:23-24 shows source of faith for answered prayer, rather than "just saying prayers".
Yes, the Lord Jesus in His Sovereign will has seen fit to keep me around for the time being.

God's best to you as you love and serve Him in the obedience of faith.

46

News Item1/15/2020 10:25 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
Mike wrote:
Not at all, John. If we are disappointed, it might be because we do not always in every circumstance know his will about something. Unless Scripture makes clear his will about whatever the issue is, then as Oswald Chambers said-
"Never make the blunder of trying to forecast the way God is going to answer your prayer."
ps, sometimes his answer is wait, because something petitioned may be in accordance with his will, but not in our timing.
Hi Mike,

I realise it is common Christian teaching to say that God always answers prayer by "yes", "no", or "not yet", but my text says differently.

Besides which, if you think about it, the prayer which gets a "wait for it" is actually a "no", because the prayer is not answered in the affirmative.

What I'm saying is, that a prayer which is out of God's will in 2019 may be in God's will in 2020, therefore the prayer made in 2019 will not be answered, but the same prayer made in 2020 may be answered in the affirmative.

Also, a prayer that God would save Aunty Dolly will never be answered positively, unless Dolly has been chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world. This truth has caused some to turn their backs on Christ because of their humanism.

45

News Item1/15/2020 10:05 AM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
As was pointed out in the summer of last year, and I believe there's a thread on it somewhere, Trump tends to lack finesse, when it comes to things that he isn't familiar with such as Christianity.
Devan Cole wrote:
....
"My aim was in no way to endorse the President, his policies, or his party, but to obey God's command to pray for our president and other leaders to govern in the way this passage portrays," Pastor David Platt of McLean Bible Church in Virginia, wrote in a letter, citing several Bible verses....

"I wanted to share all of this with you in part because I know that some within our church, for a variety of valid reasons, are hurt that I made this decision. This weighs heavy on my heart," he wrote. "I love every member of this church, and I only want to lead us with God's Word in a way that transcends political party and position, heals the hurts of racial division and injustice, and honors every man and woman made in the image of God."...

excerpt from, "Trump's visit to a Virginia church after mass shooting left some congregants 'hurt.' The pastor says he didn't mean to 'endorse' the President"

https://tinyurl.com/y257ksbx

there is no improper time for prayer, but one needs know what to pray and what format it should be in. 🛐

44

News Item1/15/2020 9:26 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
John UK wrote:
---
God will always do according to HIS will.
We must fit in with that and be content, or inevitably feel disappointment.
1 John 5:14-15 KJV
(14)  And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
(15)  And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
God will always answer in the affirmative when we ask for anything according to his will. And if we ask for anything which is not according to his will, the answer will always be "no".
Am I being too simplistic?
Not at all, John. If we are disappointed, it might be because we do not always in every circumstance know his will about something. Unless Scripture makes clear his will about whatever the issue is, then as Oswald Chambers said-

"Never make the blunder of trying to forecast the way God is going to answer your prayer."

ps, sometimes his answer is wait, because something petitioned may be in accordance with his will, but not in our timing.

43

News Item1/15/2020 3:59 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
I don't believe prayer was ever intended to change God's mind about anything. It is far more spiritual than that, involving the Holy Ghost.

Examples have been given where God refused the petition because it was not in his will; he had better ideas, and God was proved right.

God will always do according to HIS will.

We must fit in with that and be content, or inevitably feel disappointment.

1 John 5:14-15 KJV
(14)  And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
(15)  And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

God will always answer in the affirmative when we ask for anything according to his will. And if we ask for anything which is not according to his will, the answer will always be "no".

Am I being too simplistic?

42

News Item1/14/2020 10:43 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
James Thomas wrote:
One of the best biblical answers is found in the example of Paul. "My grace is sufficient for thee".
Good example, James. ( and U.S.) The essential answer to Paul was "No, and this is why... "
41

News Item1/14/2020 6:37 PM
James Thomas | Fla  Find all comments by James Thomas
One of the best biblical answers is found in the example of Paul. "My grace is sufficient for thee".
40

News Item1/14/2020 5:18 PM
Dr. Tim | Way Down Yonder  Find all comments by Dr. Tim
I think the only time God answers “no” to a child of His who is in fellowship with Him is when He has something better in store. Years ago I was going through a great trial and I asked God to get me out of it. I believe Jesus meant it when He said, My sheep hear my voice,” and at that time the Lord clearly spoke to my heart and said, “I won’t bring you out of it, but I will bring you through it.” It took twelve years for Him to finish bringing me through it, but in doing so He also brought more than fourscore souls to Himself. I’d say that was definitely better than just bringing me out would have been.
39

News Item1/14/2020 5:07 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
Dr. Tim wrote:
In 1942, Dr. John R. Rice wrote an excellent book entitled “Prayer: Asking and Receiving.” It’s available online or you can order it from Sword of the Lord Publications, P.O. Box 1099, Murfreesboro, TN 37133 USA.
Thanks Doc, I would like to see this booklet.

Mike wrote:
I wonder why it is often thought prayer isn't answered if the answer is no?
Mike, are you seeking to find a loophole?

John 14:13-14 KJV
(13)  And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
(14)  If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

The reason for "no" is surely because the prayer is not made "in Jesus name". And I'm not talking about tacking "the magic words" on the end of every prayer which everyone in christendom loves to do by force of habit.

38

News Item1/14/2020 5:00 PM
Adriel  Find all comments by Adriel
James 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him."
37

News Item1/14/2020 4:42 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
God may deny something for our good.
He declines to hear or to answer because of our sin.
36

News Item1/14/2020 4:33 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Just for clarification sister BMac because your response to Mike didn’t address his question

Are you saying that “no” is not an answer that God sends in response to some prayers as in His response to Paul’s petitions in II Corinthians 12?

35

News Item1/14/2020 3:58 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
Mike wrote:
I wonder why it is often thought prayer isn't answered if the answer is no?
There is an obvious difference between prayer answered in the negative and prayer *not heard*

See,
"when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, *I will not hear*: your hands are full of blood."

"... pray not thou for this people, neither lift up a cry or prayer for them: for *I will not hear them* in the time that they cry unto me ..."

In short,
"He that turns away his ear from hearing the law,
even his prayer shall be abomination."

**

QC
Sensible advice for brother John

Tim
Apologies accepted

34

News Item1/14/2020 3:33 PM
The Quiet Christian  Find all comments by The Quiet Christian
Grateful to receive good news, Dr. Tim & John. If I may encourage you, John, get that blood test done as soon as possible. You had mentioned a reaction to vaccines & previously a plan for international missions. Hopefully the Lord isn't saying "no" to your desire to reach beyond Wales.

Mrs. McC, you have an excellent point. I do believe the Scriptures teach that every time we pray that we should offer both thanksgiving but with repentence. The Lord has answered the naive prayers of His people, having heard the groans of Israel in bondage in Egypt, for instance, and even my own feeble attempts before I came to saving faith. But your point is well made.

33

News Item1/14/2020 2:46 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
I wonder why it is often thought prayer isn't answered if the answer is no?
32

News Item1/14/2020 2:41 PM
Dr. Tim | Way Down Yonder  Find all comments by Dr. Tim
In 1942, Dr. John R. Rice wrote an excellent book entitled “Prayer: Asking and Receiving.” It’s available online or you can order it from Sword of the Lord Publications, P.O. Box 1099, Murfreesboro, TN 37133 USA.
31
There are a total of 50 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 | last
Last PostTotal
Franklin Graham surprised by backlash over UK evangelistic tour
john uk: " adriel john; j4 is not a christian and cannot read the truth in..."
-1 hrs 267 
Council apologises for primary school inviting sexually...
john from the mclean clan from ireland: "joel you are so right.... i am sad to say..."
-2 hrs 
Airlines unleash herpes disinfectant to clean virus-tainted...
jim lincoln from nebraska: "https://tinyurl.com/va256tr (coronavirus covid-19..."
-2 hrs 


John Pittman Hey
Jesus Accused of Blasphemy

The Murder of Naboth Repeated
Sunday Service
Grace Bible Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Mark S. Wisniewski
¿Está Jehová Rugiendo?

Amós - Spanish
Iglesia Nueva Obra en...
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
The Glory of the Cross

Fellowship in Christ
Shreveport Grace Church
Video!Play! | MP4

Sponsor:
Reformed, Evangelical Books

New, Used and Rare Theol­og­ical books and Bibles
www.jamesdicksonbooks.com

Sermon: #1 Escaping Catholicism A..
Dr. James M. Phillips

SPONSOR | 4,900+

SPONSOR




                   
Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint upon their knees. ... William Cowper


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Solo Sites
Internationalization New!
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories